Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] Regenerating the Nether?
Started by [E] Binkleplease

Hi, I am Binkleplease and I am asking if, when MT is upgraded to 1.9 (In the future), if we will regenerate the entire nether. This would be so all the new Nether Ruins, Blazes, Magma Cubes and NETHER WART can spawn...

Just asking,

~Binkleplease~

P.S. Press the green thumbs up on this post! xD

I support this
Yeah I hope we can do this <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f600.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":d">:d</object>
Sounds like a Epic idea, As of now i do not know of the nether being used for much of anything and would make it a much more valuable resource to minetown if it got regenerated.
The nether seems to be pretty farmed out at this point. A regen would be great.Im also in favor of doing away with permissions in the Nether, making it open world like GW. Less Spawn camping though as individual nether portals will open to different places.
sayomie wrote:
Sounds like a Epic idea, As of now i do not know of the nether being used for much of anything and would make it a much more valuable resource to minetown if it got regenerated.

The only thing I know of. is some kind of mansion.

But aside from that, I don't think it's used from more people.
Or how about this:

Since new content is being added to the Nether in 1.9, why not wait and just delete the old Nether, copying over any important buildings, and then generate a new one?
MastaC729 wrote:
Or how about this:

Since new content is being added to the Nether in 1.9, why not wait and just delete the old Nether, copying over any important buildings, and then generate a new one?

That's what I was refering to^^

Just forgot to mention it v.v
MastaC's plan.

Regening chunks would take forever... We should do this to guestworld, btw.
Wait... There are buildings in the nether on MT? xD I just went there once and saw flaming wasteland.

OFF TOPIC: I finally made a good thread! Yay me!