Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] How do I found a town?
Started by [E] Eunjun

Hey guys,

I'm interested in founding a town. I've been working on a town, which our mayor is never on, and I wish to attempt to form a new one. Thanks.
You would first have to become a member, followed by a donator to get a /warp setup. Get however big you want the town to be protected. Build up your town, make it look nice and respectable, and set up lots. Lots are decently sized (from 8x8 to 50x50 in size) squares/rectangles that other members can purchase and then build upon. You can sell lots cheap for small ones, and expensive for large ones. Before you build your town, make sure you have a nice large decently flat area to make lots and buildings. After you have built your town and lots, try making a /warp, and maker a wall with signs that have the laws of the town on them. After all of that, you can sell lots and add baby protections under your protection. You could even consider making your own town monorail/shop/mine/treefarm/sugarcane farm/wheat farm/watermelon farm/pumpkin farm that make your town a good place to live in as they would receive those benefits.
So I would have to become a donator then? Or I just need one to help me out? (I can't afford anything right now as I'm in university and fees are super expensive for this year due to the budget cuts.
People often trade in game items for donator levels. Or you could see if you could have a donator get a warp setup for you.
go find a nice size piece of land thats FAR or a descent distance away from any man made objects. Grab yourself some colored wool, and like 3 fence posts. Stack the fence posts up, and put the wool on the side and scream I CLAIM THIS LAND IN THE NAME OF DUNSJOHN!!! FROM HERE FORTH, IT SHALL BE KNOWN OF (town name)!!

then build a wall or something around it, and as for some protections :3 you may need to be certain donator levels if it's too large though
Check this thread if you just want something small, it will help http://www.minetown.net/forum/m/672632/viewthread/1385782-anyone-help-me-please/page/1#last
Lol, yeah I made that thread after Bright told me what I needed. Was trying to find a current donator to help me get a warp point, because I won't be able to donate until like November (my books at university cost 600 USD this quarter).
Bright thats wrong.

Members can get warps, but only for important things like their towns. If they ask for one to their second home or something little its a no. Just make a petition ingame asking for a warp

x
BrightLiteFilms wrote:
People often trade in game items for donator levels. Or you could see if you could have a donator get a warp setup for you.

i have never heard of this happening unless they trade with another player and that player pays for their donation status, but anyways regular members can have warps made for them only for important things (like danny said) if your donator you can have a warp made for pretty much anything that has a good reason