Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] Question about explosions on Agharta and the Wither
Started by [E] Phragmipedium

Explosions (TNT, Ghasts, Creepers) are nerfed on Agharta, but does anyone know if this extends to the Wither? Could I trap one in a glass cage and put it on display? Or is it an exception to the "no explosions" rule? It took me six months to collect 3 Wither Skeleton skulls, and I don't want to waste them.
The last time I fought a wither it did not destroy blocks. We actually had one trapped in a box in the Nether that we would use to shield us from its attacks as we fought it. I don't know how it is with glass but we just used netherrack and it was fine. They won't be able to spawn in the Overworld though if that's where you wanted to display them.
Just keep in mind the nether is lawless and if u display it there you will likely have someone grief/destroy it. If u can force it through a portal u will be able to protect it. If you want help setting it up just say, I am sure you can get a group together to help. I for one would take part or donate materials you need.
We had ours hidden under a lava sea so that only a few people had access to it. No one has found it yet and it has been about a year.
Sweet Hagan! It sucks to not have any form of a protection, we and others we know have set up spawners only to have them destroyed.

Keep it secret, keep it safe.

Lol
I guess I'll just kill it. Maybe in six more months I'll collect 3 more skulls.

I have a well hidden blaze farm, and I know of at least one more spawner that no one else has found, if anyone's interested.
To answer your original question, no, withers do not do explosion damage. They are safe. But for the record, caging one might prove difficult. ;P
See, what you need is alot of "alecmckinley heads", if you make an entire box of them, the wither (If done correctly) will be too intimidated to move. Voila, a caged wither.
Oh Alec your ego never ceases to amaze me <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f609.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=";)">;)</object>
Well, I tried spawning the Wither next to a portal and pushing it through, but it wouldn't go through. Just sat there, suffocating until I gave it the killing blow. Maybe the portal wasn't big enough. Maybe I'll try it again in six months.