Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] Looking for Suggestions for East 9k Road
Started by [E] dteandy

Ok, so i have claimed the east road to the edge of the map. I'm redesigning the road with black carpet, mossy cobble, and nether brick fencing; it is rather expensive and time consuming. I like the theme, but wondering if the lamps are too close or if anything else screams eyesore at you. The rail system is being added as raised rail to avoid mobs in transit; i'm trying to add it as I go. Upon request, there will be stops at major properties where you can choose a switch track. to exit your cart and have it auto stored for next use. Rail is planned to have outgoing and incoming lanes separate above the current road.

I'm more of a machine builder, so lets hear it how people like the east road please. Its dark, and i know i like the lava lamps so get use to that; but any other suggestions are welcome here.
I don't really travel much of the road, but I can tell you a bit of what I decided for the north road.

Once I was to get out towards the 'wilderness' I was going to have the light farther apart, I've noticed yours are pretty close from what I've seen so perhaps spacing it apart would help with this issue. Also, I don't think the road necessarily needs a rail. Thats expensive and in all honesty, how often will it be used? I find it to be a little bit of an eyesore being above the road as well.

You already know I think your color scheme looks like a bruise, but if you're using mossy cobble, you could always put a few pieces of normal cobble here and there, its already the same texture so what does it really matter if the entire thing is covered in a green flowerless plant? I know its minecraft and thus devoid of all natural laws, but moss normally only grows in damp places...so seeing it in like...a desert seems silly.

Then again, these are just my opinions and in the end it is the road you built so whatever you like, go with it. Its a road to the end of the map, if you thought it was going to be cheap and easy, well....I hope you weren't thinking that.
There was a road on Classic built by Reggie and Jpk. Along the road there were buildings that people could run into if they were being chased by a mob at night. The closest warp that I know of is /warp ntesnion. That is exactly how it is spelled. Turn around and you should see a cobble and slab road that I built going up the mountain. Follow that and you will see them. Those are pretty basic as they are 3 years old but you get the idea. I'd suggest keeping them off of the road itself to aid in ease of movement though.