Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] Protect nether spawn
Started by [E] TheBadFox

I spent a solid 20 hours fixing nether spawn... I scooped out all the extra netherrack, got rid of the mess of defunct portals, relocated the portal to the proper location so we wouldn't have "wandering" portal transport, Laid down new ground, lit the area up, added cobble steps up and out, created a pyramid roof and was reinforcing it against ghast blasts. It was fine as of thursday, except the occasional cobble steps I've had to replace because people want to dig under the spawn, but today... Destroyed, mega griefed for no reason than sheer destruction of the spawn...

None of the materials are even worth anything (by design)

-Mining steps takes as long as mining redstone ore, only it yields a single cobblestone.

-Glass Just breaks

-Wow, dirt

I even made netherrack under all this stuff in case someone just wanted to mine some of that.

I dont mind rebuilding it again, but it'd be nice if it were protected with my name on it so I can work on it in peace and we have a decent place to spawn to. If for no other reason than guests usually run off there to check it out and it makes the server look nice.
Only just noticed this, you should make a petition ingame regarding this:

/pe open (message)

x
I just protected it and gave you the rights to it Thebadfox. Thanks for fixing it as well.

Edit: Also I put some stacks of cobble steps in your chest there.
did you make little cobble buildings around the portals? Ghasts can't break cobble so that will protect the portals <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f609.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=";)">;)</object>
Dorrito, I had made a petition, but the request went unanswered.

Thanks Reggief, That makes life much easier... The backup plan was to make the floor and step skeleton out of lwc chests haha.

Gamma, I'm going to eventually make the starting area more protected outlining the entrance/exit of the primary area with pressure plate activated iron doors, a small walkway, and perhaps bridges to some of the higher ledges.

If anyone would like to contribute, I'd be great.
It's sad that there's people who enjoy destroying others' work.

Need a hand rebuilding?

Also, femputerr and I are also working on a Nether Project.

It's a village called Styxx.

You can get there easily via the /warp styxx command, or by discovering the secret portal under Fem's priory in Frostgorod.

Feel free to check it out, maybe we could build something similar at Netherspawn.

Landr0.

PS: It's still under construction, lots will open soon. Ideas are always welcome.
Hey fox, I'll help. Just talk to me in game when you need anything.
Landr0 wrote:
It's sad that there's people who enjoy destroying others' work.

Need a hand rebuilding?

Also, femputerr and I are also working on a Nether Project.

It's a village called Styxx.

You can get there easily via the /warp styxx command, or by discovering the secret portal under Fem's priory in Frostgorod.

Feel free to check it out, maybe we could build something similar at Netherspawn.

Landr0.

PS: It's still under construction, lots will open soon. Ideas are always welcome.

is it bad if i warped there and tryed to find some ghasts?
Sounds good, if you want to take a look, feel free to add onto it. Dunno how far out the protection is but help is good.

I'll check out your town, if you need help with that I'd be glad to give my assistance. I'd be nice to be a part of a city that isn't a perpetual ghost town.
You can click "Styxx" on my previous post for some images <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f642.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":)">:)</object>

And whenever you're online, just poke me ingame <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f600.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":d">:d</object>