Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] This is unreal!
Started by [E] Landro

So yeah,

A couple of days ago I started building a giant ship at /warp pirate on my own

I finished quite a big part

Then there were technical issues in Dallas

Server downtime

Rollback

90% of my ship gone

I slap my head, post forum thread

I make a shop not far from the usedtobeship's location

Buy lots of lots of lots of lots of wood

I get refunded

I spend 9 consecutive & focused hours rebuilding what I had and expanding the ship

I am happy to see the words 'Server backup starting...' thinking I'd never lose my hard work again

I go to bed, pleased about my hard work

I wake up, joyful, ready to build the sails & finish the ship

I log in

I die

Someone please arrange my funeral. I want to be burned, not buried.

Only have pics of the early stages of the ship, so you get the idea of the dimensions:

2ro5pc1.png

r726wh.png

Added after those pictures: Two-storey captain's cabin, balcony, stairs to the captain's cabin, front upper deck, middle deck got seperated into two levels with big stairs and lots of lots of lots of fences, lower deck added (had to build this huge thing underwater in the dark with a pumpkin on my head), chunky's battering ram made out of iron blocks & diamond blocks, a cannon, ...

Ask Danni, Chunky, dobs, Jedimansam & many others how friggin huge & beautiful it was.

I don't know if I should ask for a refund & build it all for the THIRD time or just drop the project.

Right now I'm feeling likely to drop it <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/2639.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":(">:(</object> I lost the courage to rebuild it.

All I'd like to know is... How was this possible after a Server Backup had been made? Can't we just roll from there?

I would still lose a bunch but it'd be nothing compared to what I lost now...

I am not blaming anyone, nor trying to flame. I am just very very sad.

Landr0
wait its got erased again?
Yes Mikel, after I built it up again in 9 hours.
Hey,

You mentioned 3 times you had to start over ? There was only 2 rollbacks although...

Im really sorry for the inconvenience... I hate those issues as much, they make me lose ton of time too.

If you would like parts of your ship rebuilt by admins powers, it could be possible. But if you prefer to give up the project like you said, I would understand.

Cya
He meant he had to build it twice, because it was rolled back once, now he has to do it for a third time
Landr0 dont give up D: I will help you build it again again <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f642.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":)">:)</object>

I'll collect some wood and help you fix it up again <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f642.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":)">:)</object> Im sure we'll get others to help too, we'll make it <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f600.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":d">:d</object>

xx
That's what I meant Oki, thanks.

Again, I'm not blaming or insulting anyone. Rollbacks are annoying for every one of us. I know jpkoushel and DanniDorrito were working on a big project too and must have lost a lot of wood as well.

If admins could make time to refund the materials we had to buy & farm, that would motivate us again.

I will give it a go again. Can't leave the ship there in it's current state.

All help is appreciated.

If I have to estimate the amount of materials lost (this may seem an outrageous amount, simply because it is an outrageous amount. I am in no way trying to get any profit out of this. Should I have spare wood, I will donate it to other projects (like the university)):

3 Large chests of normal logs

1 and a half large chests of redwood logs

7 sponges

32 glowstone

8 stacks of fences

1 stack of ladders

1 pumpkin

1 stack of stone slabs

5 stacks of wool (white)

3 stacks of torches

and chunkyt's donation for the battering ram (not sure if he has these back, I will ask him before you refund them)

79 iron BLOCKS

4 gold blocks

8 diamond blocks

I can assure you that this is not exagerated, I have been buying all logs, planks & redwood at a shop I made at /Warp shipshop (this is also gone now) and I have been advertising this in trade the whole time. On top of that people used /warp pirate to sell their wood to me directly. I had people farming wood and selling it to me the whole day.

Landr0.
:C it's sad to see bad things happen to good people.

You're my one of the best builders and one of the nicest people i'v ever met!

I will help you get this magnificent boat to what it once was!

I WILL!

just when i get better service:3
i would donate wood to you but i have been buying wood like crazy to build my projects sorry :/ i am buying a total of 320 stacks of logs