Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] Rollback...
Started by [E] Jugstrike

So I dont understand... I was on a different server a couple days ago, I play put lots of hours into building undergroundesque base and their server goes down most recent backup being a month before... and so I search for a new server... come to Minetown... who advertises consistent backup protection.. and even in game you read constantly.. "saving server data" or something to that extent...

So I donate and jump on the minetown bandwagon put about 10 hours yet again into a project that is just foiled by no saved data... lost a hell load of mats... and I dont really care if I get a refund.. Im just curious what the fuck happened and especially what causes no returning to one of those "save points"
Just list what you lost we will refund it.

The 1st rollback was caused by our datacenter having the 1st issue of this kind in 10 years, their power went completely off and hundred thousands of website were offline for 6-7 hours.

Our map is on ramdisk. Ram disk is the fastest thing possible to store data. The sad part is that it is totally volatile. That means if the power cuts, like it did, the ram disk is wiped.

Our map is saved every 30mins and our world backuped every 12 hours.

The rollback that followed approximately 12 hours after was related to some tweaking I did on the server files to make it run smoother and for some reasons that I'm still trying to understand, approximately 12 hours of new data was lost during the procedure.

Those issues are not usual and please also consider this is Minecraft beta.

The 1st rollback was totally out of our control, the 2nd could have been avoided and we will keep looking into the cause to make sure it don't happen again.

So, again, sorry for the disappointment, I completely understand how it is annoying to waste time and to get his stuff wiped. It's not more appreciable on our side, we have to deal with tons of ppl raging and problems.

Cya

Edit: Oh and we should increase the number of backups on our new server as they will be super fast.
i have to build my mansion 3rd time now <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/2639.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":(">:(</object> it have been gone becouse of the roolback... i lost like 15 hours work. realy annoying. i got refound but its manny hours i lose
well with 96gb of ram it dam well be lol thats an amazing amount now got to get a terra of ram O.O lol
I lost everything in my Chests hours after the Rollback. I can remember some stuff I lost and here is what I remember

-5 stacks of Cobble

-Half stack of Mossy

-1 and a half stacks of Netherrack

-7 stacks of dirt

-105 gold

-14 diamonds

-A set of Diamond armor

-10 Iron

-an Iron door

-5 diamond swords

-A half stack of bones

-2 stacks of sticks

-45 feathers

-40 flint

-3 sponges

-3 TNT

-15 gunpowder

-1 saddle

-1 stack of stone

-Almost 1 stack of wool

-15 red wool

-Some brown wool

-Diamond shovel

-Some iron Picks

-Various other items that slip my memory

If you Can refund these I will greatly appreciate it and will stop the obnoxious spamming when this blows over
I also lost a stack of logs and two stacks of wood planks... I tried to make my posts as least whiny as possible, But it didn't work that well <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f642.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":)">:)</object> QQ
Thank you Sawine for the explanation. Someoned tended to a couple of my lost items and im fine with returning to the construction site fresh!

Was just really annoyed yesterday I apolojize <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f642.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":)">:)</object>
- lost a stack of diamonds

- 2 diamond swords

- 2 stacks or iron ore

- 49 gold blocks

- 12 glowstone

- 8 lapis blocks

- 4 chest full of cooked pork(got from rabbi)

- 1 pumpkin

- 1 stack of logs

- about 96 wool (mutiple colors)

everything else was little stuff like fences sticks etc..
There are some blocks in my house that wont be mined. the rollback caused this so if an admin could help it would be nice
I also need a stack of lapis and 2 stacks of redstone

<object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f642.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":)">:)</object>