Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] A-Block Mob Farm
Started by [E] Idellechi

I've got some complaints/suggestions for the A Block mob farm.

The farm is currently a death trap, and causes many of us to actually lose out instead of gain. Back when the server got more traffic, we used to go in with teams of five or more, to handle the mobs. But it's rare that so many people are online, and if they are even rarer they're all A Blockers who are willing to fight.

The way I see it there are three ways we can improve this.

1. Set up a redstone system that enables you to darken or lighten the room, and thus toggle the spawning of mobs. This would be another very good option because as it currently is, mobs spawn continuously if there's anyone in the entire a block, even if they're not fighting mobs. This means when someone does go to fight, there are 20+ mobs waiting. Using a redstone system we can make the room too bright for any mobs to spawn when the players aren't fighting.

2. Make the warp signs out of the farm act instantly instead of waiting five seconds. It's impossible to escape an ambush because every time you're hit, the five second count resets. Having this will be easier to escape, but it doesn't really fix the problem of too many mobs at once

3. Remove some of the spawners. I see this as the least likely option as there aren't many spawners there in the first place, but perhaps we can limit it to 2 or 3 live mobs per spawner as we do on the Classic server.

Thanks <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f642.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":)">:)</object>
ik they need an auto warp out its impossible
I second Pokemon's idea. I've lost countless sets of armor and *cough* sharp materials *cough* in the A-Block mob farm. I would suggest to make the mobs spawn less and/or limit or remove the countdown timer on the teleport signs. At the moment i rarely use this farm as I watch more and more mobs build up per day with armor from past players deaths. It is no longer profitable to go in there given i lose all my materials.

Thanks for Considering our Ideas <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f642.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":)">:)</object>
Thanks Zak and Zack <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f642.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":)">:)</object>
To be frank, I actually found the mob farm to be a cinch with only one other buddy, instead of a whole 5-man squad. Other than that little tidbit, I totally get what you're saying.
I, personally, never found the mob farm to be so difficult to last in. It only takes a whole set of diamond armor and tools, and possibly a gold apple to survive and profit off it. Otherwise, it's perfectly fine.