Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] Why Have Guest
Started by [E] MegaKill

idk why minetown still has member and guest people who join minetown simply want to play not apply for a whole bunch of things. Is worrying about who joins minetown really in issue it may have been in classic times but now we have many plugins to stop griefers and hackers. In this stage of minetown we should try to grow not try to confuse players and make them leave. The first time i joined minetown i didnt know what to do and left this is the same for many other people that have joined mt. There should be a tutorial or ig test to get member rank. It doesnt even tell you at spawn how to get member id think. Also spawn needs to be updated.
There's a giant JOIN NOW button at the top of the forum page, so how that could be confusing is beyond me. It leads directly to the application page, which contains exactly zero difficult questions. People who are too lazy to go to the effort to find that giant, clearly visible button are exactly the type of person that the application process is there to keep away from the server because those are more often than not the same people who are too lazy to read the rules, then end up breaking them left and right. No one here wants those people around.
Equally, many other servers offer gameplay like (but not quite as good ofc) Minetown's, without the requirement of filling out an application.

Matt mentioned this in his "Suggestion Box" and I must say I agree. People simply don't want to spend time filing an application when they could jump straight on a server (that is nearly as good) and start playing straight away.

Don't quote me or hold me to my word, but I'd say removing the application process may help to increase our playercount seven-hundredth post wahey
I agree with Jack, although we might not have as solid of a playerbase, most highly successful servers have no application, and don't have a mojor issue with behavior. but that would mean we need more active staff to control them, which we lack as of now.
ppl arent to lazy but it takes atleast 24 hours for it to get accepted some ppl say it earns server more money by people donating but most people dont want to donate before they get a full experience on a server
Yes, because a day is such an eternity to wait...

The application process is intended to raise the quality of players on the server rather than quantity, and for the most part, it works well. If you don't value that, then this is the wrong server for you.
Honestly this is not my SOLID opinion, so if you wanted me to argue my point further, i'd decline because i realize that there are downfalls. I think we should remove the application as well, when i first joined i didn't have problems with it but, it was mildly overwhelming just to join a server i know little about.

Lately not as many people have been breaking the rules, if we take away the applications, the occasional "bad guy" that comes through wouldnt be too much of an issue.
Agreed.

I feel we have the right amount of staff to deal with any bad players that do enter the server, anyway.
I have been out of the game for a while, but I am back now. Here's what I've noticed:

At night, especially when I am on, there is A LOT of nice seeming, active players who wander is as guests, see the application, fill it out, can't get a staff member/don't want to make a donation yet, and so wander right back out and go somewhere else. I kind of feel bad for them. I think we should get rid of Guest and enact a "trial" period instead where applicants can play for a few days
@1294274 wrote:
I have been out of the game for a while, but I am back now. Here's what I've noticed:

At night, especially when I am on, there is A LOT of nice seeming, active players who wander is as guests, see the application, fill it out, can't get a staff member/don't want to make a donation yet, and so wander right back out and go somewhere else. I kind of feel bad for them. I think we should get rid of Guest and enact a "trial" period instead where applicants can play for a few days

That's a pretty good idea actually.

Also, holy shit, you're back.