Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] No fall damage
Started by [E] Oxkilla

I think there should be no fall damage in the server completely. It takes way from being able to build without worrying about falling off, and when you do it sucks because you get hurt so much. Tell me what you guys think, thanks <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f642.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":)">:)</object>
i say no becasue it would make this RP server less rp get yourself some diamond armor and some bread bro then build away
I think fall damage should be removed only in the main spawn world, not in the nether, war and guest worlds. I am building a tower and have died way too many times while building it.
it's not a Creative, it's Survival. maybe should remove mobs, night & rain?)))
well if the sever allowed some mods on it then you could use sticky boots
such a close competition lol
The switch to no fall damage isn't hard to change, just a simple removing "false" to "true".

But this issue is, MineTown is an SMP Server (Survivor Multiplayer Server) we are one of the few servers that try to keep it as close to Vanilla there is.

That would be like saying... Let's make spawning items available, but blacklist every item in the game so you can't. (LOL)

Point being, fall damage is a part of the game, yes you take a lot, but thats why we have sneak. Allowing you easily to maneuver off the edges of a block without falling.

Although now adays more people are starting to become more creative than Survival. Which is alright I guess, MineCraft is a creative game.
The question could be stated clearer.. Are we voting for " yes i want falling damage disabled " or "yes I want to keep falling damage " ?

But a way or another, There are 95% chance that falling damage remains... this is survival.

What's the next question, drowning damage ? >_> (you can put a pumpkin helmet btw lol)

Sorry, but be careful and use the sneak button.
I personally think, fall damage should be either A: Removed from Regular World; or B: Diminished in health taken.

I love building high buildings that stretch into the sky. I am not prone to falling off, but when I do, I find it extremely irritating.

Tibb's idea of "sticky boots" sounds interesting. A way, to "stick" to blocks, even vertical ones, like they are suction cups (similar to Sticky Pistons)

Crafting Recipe could be any pair of boots made of Leather, Iron, Gold or Diamond, but combined with 2 slimeballs, 1 for each bottom of the feet.

Either that, or some type of parachute, using wool and sting (or string and paper). Reduces Fall damage taken from any blocks that are 5+ away, as tho you are only taking damage from jumping 4 blocks down (1 heart), instead of saying, taking damage from jumping 30 blocks (death).
wait, you can put a pumpkin on your head and not drown? WTF Why didn't I ever know that!

and fall damage may SUCK a lot (especially when building a skyscraper :3) but it's part of the game. If you need to go down a large cliff, carry a bucket of water and place it down for a few seconds then pick it up and quickly jump in (gotta love MC physics)