Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] FTB Server Updates
Started by [E] Nanakisan

I'm just copy pasting the most recent post i made on the orionftb forums here.

Anyway a very...and i mean very difficult decision had to be cast. Since the success i've had with the new land protections mod. With the help of two people who develop mods and modpacks. They helped me pinpoint a very..bad situation. Because of this Morph as been entirely disabled.

Before you all cry and moan regarding this decision. I want you all to look at a bigger picture here. Since morphs official inclusion to all the FTB packs. Nearly every tiered source of travel or defense against mobs has been made a joke. Jetpacks were replaced by Bat morphs. Hazard Suits and other various armors were replaced by morphs that are immune to fire and can fly. When morph is installed people become lazy and lose sight on their initial goals. Well not anymore! Also the morph mod allowed people to bypass land protections entirely. It also permitted bypassing of banned items.

Anyway so far regarding banned items this is the list as follows

High Trust Tier

(special rank anyone can apply for to use. will need to meet a strict set requirements to achieve. If caught violating the trust tier. It will be revoked and offender barred from application for 1 month)

((Failure to be of the trust rank required will result in the items being deleted on sight. No refunds for items found by the item banning plugin. So think twice before trying to make those gravity and portal guns <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f609.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=";)">;)</object>))

• Gravity Gun
  • Portal Gun
  • Thaumcraft4 Wand focus of Equal Trade
  • Extra-Utilities Builders Wand
  • Chicken-Chunks Chunk Loader (This one is very strictly regulated. If your loading actions cause lag. The loader will be destroyed with no refund. Admins have the right to alter the settings of your loaders.)

Outright Banned (Possession / usage/ placement)

• Florbs are banned as they can bypass world protection and be used for grief. So use a bucket or portable tank or cells or cans
  • Needle Gun (as much fun as this gun is...it can be used to grief in numerous ways)
  • SPAMR & its rockets (Until mytown is patched and it blocks this. Its banned)
  • Extra-Utilities Drums (there is a extremely exploitable bug sadly. Until it is patched the item is banned)
  • Worldshaper's Looking Glass (This ...thing...its the god damn mercurial eye from Tekkit. As far as i'm concerned its a no no. It bypasses everything. Also there is the Extra-Utilities Builders Wand. which is better and not as costly to make or use.

Heh imagine how large this list would be had i not found the MyTown Plugin. This is as fair as i can get regarding these items. I hope this is more then reasonable. As you can tell we are nearing the end times of the beta period. Very soon i will completely wipe the whitelist and begin a new world. Beta testers builds will be saved as schematics. Then loaded up where ever they wish to be established.
I'll be pushing a server update to allow for all the updated mods. Be ready to update to direwolf20 v1.0.16 soon
You didn't mention Mystcraft as part of things that are banned, and most servers do ban it. Did you just forget to add it in the list, or are we going to be allowed to use the mod?
@4773143 wrote:
You didn't mention Mystcraft as part of things that are banned, and most servers do ban it. Did you just forget to add it in the list, or are we going to be allowed to use the mod?

Use of the books is allowed its how players will warp around. However the creation of personal ages is not permitted. I've taken steps to make sure the book binder cannot be crafted. Without the binder you cannot make a descriptive book. I'm also going to provide a link modifier at spawn for players to use on their books. This way a player has a choice of making a nexus or not. Its mostly why i didn't list it as a banned item.

Currently i am looking into a interesting mechanic Xcomp did put in. Apparently one can lock down a age to specific people. So only those specific people can use the book to get in. This may allow us to open up small 2k world border dimensions for donors.
Mystcraft should only be allowed for community use, such as a mystcraft room at spawn, and dont let anybody use the mod. It would be a good way to get resources, like in a quarrying world or lava world. Just a suggestion, hope you look into it. <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f642.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":)">:)</object>
@1086959 wrote:
Is the world reset yet? I also agree with the disabling of morph, way too overpowered. I believe that we should be able to make personal mystcraft ages, since it does take away from the mod pack without being able to make your own optimal world.

I understand you wanting your own world. Sadly its not practical.

Currently we have as follows

OW

Nether

End

Dim 7 : Twilight Forest

Dim -31 : Hellcow world

Dim -100 : Deep Dark (aka the mining world)

the deep dark actually comes with natural double oregen. It was made to be a quarry world essentially. Another reason i am against mystcraft world designing. Is mostly cause of the instability. even if i disable decay in the world. There are still server ticks being dedicated to things like rain, time, mob spawning.
Hey nana just wondering, this question may of been answered but ill ask anyways. Is GregTech going to be in this ftb? My computer is giving me problems atm so I never got a chance to play the server if it's in beta that is but yea if you can answer this for me it would be great.

Appreciate it ~JC
@3066570 wrote:
Hey nana just wondering, this question may of been answered but ill ask anyways. Is GregTech going to be in this ftb? My computer is giving me problems atm so I never got a chance to play the server if it's in beta that is but yea if you can answer this for me it would be great.

Appreciate it ~JC
Gregtech is not in the Direwolf20 pack.
ay, i cant find the original posts on this, can someone mail me the IP.
Thanks million like I said im a bit groggy as the info goes.