Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] In-Game "Tip" Broadcasts
Started by [E] Dragoness

All servers have a plugin to automatically broadcast information about the servers. Some of the servers have been extensively using this broadcast, while others less so. I am welcoming the community to submit suggestions for these in-game tips.

Guidelines

Please only post genuine submissions or discussion on improving the current/suggested tips.

Note which servers you're suggesting each tip for.

Each tip should be brief and to the point so people can easily understand the provided information. Most servers already have a color/style scheme for their tips, so please focus more on content than presentation unless specifically giving feedback about the presentation.

If you suggest a tip that's more for experienced players, the wording should provide new players enough guidance to asking the right questions for more information.

Tips should not reference personal locations (home/shop warps or land claims) other than to explain functionality of those things.

If you include a web address here, include the final url people will reach, do not offer a pre-shortened url.

Examples of Acceptable Tips

• See what kits are available to you with /kit
  • Need staff assistance? Make a petition with /pe new <information>
  • A gold shovel is a tool to make personal land protections. Use it on each corner of an area you want to claim
  • Hungry? Need food? The Admin Shop provides Bread and Apples for you to buy!

Examples of Unacceptable Tips

• Leave us alone you nubs!
  • Buy wheat at /home sawine home !
  • Bacon sausage turducken, short ribs turkey ball tip short loin fatback flank pork belly landjaeger ham swine spare ribs. Landjaeger short loin t-bone kevin, ground round ball tip tongue flank pork chop pork belly. Sausage brisket doner cow beef, salami flank bresaola. Ribeye pork loin filet mignon sirloin venison beef.

ps. It's not visible to members, but guests do receive automatic messages about their rank.
@1086959 wrote:
Want to build? Leave spawn by typing /warp north9k

May do some variation on this to mention the other 9k warps Neil made as well. Thank you <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f642.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":)">:)</object>
All servers

View our rules @ minetown.net/rules
This is not so much a tip that you see in chat, more so a feature. It'd be nice to see a feature to allow a player to disable the messages.
All that have it:

Be sure to /sethome and return there with /home

Forget what it is on argharta... Been playing ftb... Took me 5 hours to remember this... I'm a derp
I will be adding some more of the broadcast messages today, including accounting for some of the suggestions. Thank you and please do share more message ideas that come to mind. <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f642.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":)">:)</object>
@1028183 wrote:
This is not so much a tip that you see in chat, more so a feature. It'd be nice to see a feature to allow a player to disable the messages.

It's something the dev might be willing to hear suggestion for, we're using a public plugin and other servers may be interested in this. However, the broadcasts are set to a rate that should not interrupt conversation much and sometimes are used to note fresh changes to the servers. So I'm not sure if toggling off will be fully available, if the dev adds that feature.
Remember to vote at minecraftserverlist.org/server... or vote on these website minetown.com/forum/voting...