Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] Matt's Suggestion Box
Started by [E] Matt [5]

@1086959 wrote:
@1152292 wrote:
I don't even remember wrote:
Also, moving the website away from enjin would do us all good. Yes, I know it would mean everyone whould have to make a new account, but there has been too many times where a server member was like "oh hey i can set up my own server with enjin" and stole 20 players with them.

No way will that do us good, enjin is fine, and the features of it is at its finest. The donation modules, the teamspeak admin panel, and the way to make themes with the editor and html.. Enjin is fine, i for one do not support your request.

I know how good enjin is, but how many instances were there of minetown members starting their own servers stealing all the active players?

I think like 0.

Many different servers have derived from Minetown, and this thread really isn't for arguing, but I think our player base was never affected from those servers.
And now back on topic...

I think we need a voting tab for the nav bar, you know.. one of the big colorful ones.
whoever put "give skeleton huge titty" in the suggestion box: first off, this isnt a suggestion box. its a toys for tots bin. secondly;
@1108550 wrote:
whoever put "give skeleton huge titty" in the suggestion box: first off, this isnt a suggestion box. its a toys for tots bin. secondly;

Evan, I'll say this as nice as possible, post something useful, or don't post here at all.
Bobby, I pretty much agree with everything you have posted.. It all would benefit the server a ton.
@1108550 wrote:
@1152292 wrote:

Evan, I'll say this as nice as possible, post something useful, or don't post here at all.

dzoumaya, i'll say this as nice as possible, I hate this f**king bunkum you put to my page. Get a grip on life
GET RID OF THE DIFFERENT CHAT CHANNELS
I'm going to go out on a limb here and give a few harsh but real issues that are apparent to me.

1) The server hub: While this is being beaten to death I have to agree with everyone that it is a bit pointless to new users as they have to search for a server to go to. Even experienced member that go to the hub would have to spend a few minutes looking for the right server "Gateway"

2) Agharta: While Agharta is by far my favorite server and has LOADS of potential the spawn "city" is to big. This only cause new users/guest to be turned away. The build team did a fantastic job decorating it and it looks gorgeous, but its to big and still has to much empty space. I have had users/guest comment "Oh look they know who to copy and paste with WE" this isn't what we want Minetown to be.

3) Promoting the Server: As you are all aware a few Minetown members are operating Youtube Channels know. While this will help eventually its up to the community to share some of their stuff. Everyone here has a Facebook/Twitter, if you see a Minetown Original video share it.

4) Guest Rank: The need for a guest rank is unquestionable but it shouldn't be "Apply or Donate" to become a member. A simple setup similar to Skyblock would work for promotion, or a /played time limit for auto ranking.

5) Fast Travel: While /warps are a fantastic thing to have they are nesseassry for a huge server such as Minetown. Where the spawn area alone is 18,000 blocks in diameter... Hours of walking.... HOURS... Warps would not be needed for every player but for towns it would be nice. That would spark two things. 1) People to build a town and not just a house. 2) People would work together building relationships that would last and developing friendships (WHICH is how we build a community)

While I wrote a lot about ideas and breaking them down I plan on doing all that I can as a helper to help expand minetown and watch it grow/expand. I have some more ideas that I'm going to be sharing with the staff in the near future and seeing what we can do!
@1028183 wrote:
Personally,I agree with Bobby on this one.
@1028183 wrote:
Bobby, I pretty much agree with everything you have posted..

Ease up Madison, that's Gotmilk to us internet folk.
#matt4admin2014