Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] Matt's Suggestion Box
Started by [E] Matt [5]

I currently am running a very successful Eximius Gaming server, so I'd like to think I know some things about server management. After playing on Agharta lately, I've been thinking of ways to help the server and will post them here as I think of more...

1) It's time to drop the member form - it's an outdated procedure. In fact, I would get rid of the entire guest position in general. Many people want to simply play the game, and that's not a bad thing.

2) Move Classic over to Agharta as a separate world with a separate inventory. There are some older members of the server who are still attached to Classic but feel ostracized from the rest of the server. I think this would join the Classic/Agharta communities together and allow for growth.

3) Change the name from Agharta to Survival. It's too intimidating for new players.

That's all for now...
@1095461 wrote:

2) Move Classic over to Agharta as a separate world with a separate inventory. There are some older members of the server who are still attached to Classic but feel ostracized from the rest of the server. I think this would join the Classic/Agharta communities together and allow for growth.

That's a good idea, however all the region protections and warps.. if they are brought over to Agharta (survival) it'll just be too laggy.
@1095461 wrote:
1) It's time to drop the member form - it's an outdated procedure. In fact, I would get rid of the entire guest position in general. Many people want to simply play the game, and that's not a bad thing.

thisthisthisthis
I was talking to Sawine about this. It's one of the main factor's affecting popularity at the moment.

I would say, however, that total free rein is a bad idea. What we're doing on Orion (which has worked much better than applications) is having all new players as guests. They automatically become members within a few days, but they have the option to simply register on the website to become a member instantly.
If people feel separated between Agharta(survival) and Main then minetown can get the cross-server chat for those servers only.

And of course, I support the idea of changing Agharta to Survival.
I think some more information on how to navigate the spawn would be good, and make it a more meaningful, as all the stuff in spawn is really just for show, and new members that are trying to find an area to build really cant find their way out.

Warps should be brought back, it just hurts the economy, as its harder to get people to come to a shop.

It needs some love, and just spending some time on there will allow you to see whats needed, not AFKing, actually playing, put yourself in the seat of a new guest andtharts the only way youll know what it needs.

Also, we need to continue to think of innovation and fun ways to promote the server on a large scale.

~Jimmy
@1249652 wrote:
I was talking to Sawine about this. It's one of the main factor's affecting popularity at the moment.

I would say, however, that total free rein is a bad idea. What we're doing on Orion (which has worked much better than applications) is having all new players as guests. They automatically become members within a few days, but they have the option to simply register on the website to become a member instantly.

This is a good idea, I'll look into this.
@1095461 wrote:

this is actually something being worked on, not exactly like this but similiar.
1) Get rid of the hub, make all the portals for the other servers in Agharta, and make Agharta where you first log in. Going along with this, I would like the name Agharta changed to Survival.

2) I would like to see the member application be gone, perhaps just more active staff to take the possible flood of staff.

3) Voting is obviously an on-going issue, but I really can't think of how to make it more popular. Just thought I would bring that to attention again.

4) Minigames

5) More youtube sponsors (I've heard this is in progress though)

6) Remove the gigantic list of inactive staff, and promote people who want to help Minetown expand, and not JUST help with the daily MT duties.
@795855 wrote:
1) Get rid of the hub, make all the portals for the other servers in Agharta, and make Agharta where you first log in. Going along with this, I would like the name Agharta changed to Survival.

Why get rid of the hub.. lol
@1152292 wrote:
@795855 wrote:

Why get rid of the hub.. lol

Do you see all the people who sit in the hub..? A lot of people don't understand the point of the hub, and just want to get in game and play. I've been in the hub with 20-30 fooling around, unaware of what to do.