Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] I Think there needs To Be A Better Way To Promote MineTown
Started by Unknown User

I believe that inactivity on the Mine Town Server is obvious.

In the past year more and more servers have turned to in game rewards for promoting (voting for) there server as a result many other servers have continued to grow. This is because they are being placed on the top of server lists in searching for a server. When searching "Minecraft Prison Servers" for example Minetown's prison server does not make the list. Although voting for a server is not fun and is better to be avoided, It is 100 times better than playing on a vacant server.
Being as the thread OP is from someone banned for thinking they should be the exception to following rules that have *not* changed, I am responding to this thread for other people that might read it...

Minetown's activity has lulled a little bit, but so has populations for other servers. Like all other games, people playing Minecraft is impacted by current interests and current life activities. While the weekday crowd still is low, the numbers are in fact gradually recovering. I'm not saying this in vague hopefulness, but by seeing the average player counts, server traffic, and website registrations increasing.

As for the suggestion in the OP thread, top list voting and SEO are different things. If someone is concerned that Minetown is not holding high enough on the votes sites, I recently updated the forum post listing all the functional vote sites for Minetown. Some do reward credits that are not on the normal vote page.

http://www.minetown.net/forum/m/672632/viewthread/1127676-vote-for-mt-full-list

For people concerned that there are "not enough players", remember that the chain has to start somewhere. If you only log on long enough to see "not enough players", you are unlikely to see many at all. Especially if you are intent to only count the population of a single server...something I'm assuming is the case because a couple servers often have enough people on to maintain an active chat.

It is worth noting that there still are staff around, working to improve Minetown. That many changes do not involve a big show of having been done, does not mean they are not happening.

A few examples from the last month:

- All servers are updated to 1.7.2

- The hub server status signs are working again

- Pets on Agharta are available

- Fresh events, both official and unofficial

- Orion(Gaming) has partnered with Eximius/Minetown to make the OrionFTB server

- An updated rules page is now one step away from public presentation

- Some new custom plugins are being made for Minetown

But of course, one has to actually log in for more than a minute to fully appreciate these things. <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f609.svg" type="image/svg+xml" standby=";-)">;-)</object>
Minetown is no longer dying, its dead. with less then 30 people on the entire network at peak hour its heard to deny. Though its dead, I would like to know what the hold up on the PVP revamp is, because until that happen's I see no reason to rise form the ashes.
small.png
wrote:</span>

Minetown is no longer dying, its dead. with less then 30 people on the entire network at peak hour its heard to deny. Though its dead, I would like to know what the hold up on the PVP revamp is, because until that happen's I see no reason to rise form the ashes.</q>
I'd say it's doing better than yours
tiny.1657361353.png

small.png

Minetown is no longer dying, its dead. with less then 30 people on the entire network at peak hour its heard to deny. Though its dead, I would like to know what the hold up on the PVP revamp is, because until that happen's I see no reason to rise form the ashes.</q>
I'd say it's doing better than yours</q>
The day Minetowns problems are defended by TPrezzle.
tiny.1657361353.png

small.png

We actually had minetown beat when until I decided I didn't have time to run a server. at the time we didnt have as many player's, but minetown has lost player's since then.
Can you take your negativism elsewhere lance please? I don't see what you are contributing here.

Yes Minetown isn't the same as it was 2 years ago.. but that's to be expected with anything.

And as Modern mentioned, it's not dead and still a lot of work is being put by the staff on various things.

I might not be active as I once has been, but that's because I'm working on other projects on EximiusGaming that are flourishing very well. It's not my intention to let Minetown to die, I do plan to eventually come back in the next weeks and months to give it an extra breeze of updates.
tiny.1657361353.png

small.png

Minor-Burns.jpg
small.png

I'm not sure what you mean about PVP. We have been taking suggestions in the thread and making changes to the server as seen fit. There is no hold up...
I would like to know what the hold up on the PVP revamp is, because until that happens I see no reason to rise form the ashes. wrote:

I can tell you are going off on assumptions and I do not think you know what are talking about at this point in time. If you checked before you made any sort of statement regarding the PVP Server, you would know that the PVP revamp was done months ago and is currently online thanks to the very grateful PVP team and it's MANAGERS, EliteCatalyst and Myself. Having said that there is no correct reason to make a statement of minetown rising from the "ashes."

And just to add, during many hours of the day there a multiple of people on all servers at any time, not only PVP.

Peace xx