Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] Is the MineTown Server Failing and Why I Did What I Did
Started by Unknown User

Username: redfridge9000

When you were banned : 1/22/14

Person who banned you: Darkpsy

Reason you were banned: x-ray

Server: Prison

This is some what a confession / what I think

#1. I don't really expect to be unbanned based on my over bans but that's not why I'm posting this.

#2. The title says is Mine Town failing?

What I mean by this is the lack of promotion of Mine Town has led to very few players on its server. The Prison server itself usually never breaks more than 3 players at a time, considering other prison servers this is a ridiculous number. Furthermore the few number of players online can make the game boring an example of this is that half the shops are empty and only more continue to close. In addition, the prison server's inability to produce a free world has lowered the number that play on a regular basis. Claming That Mine Town is one of the first minecraft servers is kind of ridiculous because no more than 20 people are logged in at once while most servers started recently have at least 100 online players.

#3. Why am I criticizing so much?

Because the flaws in the Mine Town server is what caused me to download the x-ray mod and collect ores. I didn't do this for the money, I did it to add another feature to the game. The banning of Landro is a perfect example of this. Landro was a donator and veteran but still he decided to grief the Prison server. When the game gets boring people do unruly things. The banning of Landro shows you that the current design of the prison server is flawed. To further prove this the older links posted on the Prison server forums have received up to 74,000 views however there is less than 30 players are still active on the server!

#4. I am not saying this to "hurt" Mine Town in any way I still think it is one of the best servers out there, I just want to improve it. However my recent actions prove other wise. In addition, I realize that the banning for X-ray mod is dependent on the amount of ores found and kept considering this I probably wouldn't be perma banned. What I have written is the reasoning for using the mod, I realize this was detrimental to the server because it inflates economy but I regret what I did. My biggest regret by using the mod is betraying the friends that trusted me Alec, Matt, Leibster, AgentHappy, etc. I only ask to be unbanned because I would like to continue to talk to these people.

If you made it to the end thank you for reading, I hope that Darkspy see's this and sort of understands

redfridge9000 :I

PS: (If I was not clear I will not use the mod again, I rather just be able to talk to the people I know)
Hello there,

I will be handling your appeal this time. Please allow me to go over the evidence regarding this incident. Also if you have concerns on specific matters. Please make a discussion topic in general server discussion. Only matters regarding your ban will be discussed here.
Alright i've gone over the ban evidence. Its as conclusive as it gets with x-ray. You have also admitted to xray which is a serious offense in all servers. Above all else you were previously banned for 2 months in the same server for griefing the Tree farm. Before i make a decision regarding your fate on our servers. I wish to know why you decided to break our rules like this. Cheating/Hacking/Exploitation/X-ray in all forms. Is a highly frowned on offense and can net you a very lengthy ban time.

I hope you understand your punishment when decision is reached.
The main reason I used the X-ray mod was because I was upset in the lack of players on the server. I think this was both bordum and a little bit of sadness that the server I used to play on with at least 20 others consistently online was no longer there. In addition, to this I didn't want to spend my time on mining out hole blocks to find my resources for no real gain, what I mean is that there is no real competition anymore to be the best. But again I didn't do it to get rich because i didn't need that. I had basically unlimited food and already a few stacks of diamonds, iron, and gold. I also had some SWAT armor and countless sets of officers gear. So basically I could get anything I wanted anyways. (I'm not trying to brag so don't take it like that)

If I was unbanned I probably wouldn't play on the Prison Server just Skyblock and Mc Ball, I manly just want to talk to friends

I hope you understand what I mean by this.

redfridge9000
I'm sorry redfridge900 but your ban is absolutely permanent. You are no longer welcome in our community. I wish you luck in your finding of another community.